It’s really important that we are a good fit as doctor and coach. There’s really no replacement for a conversation and giving it a try when it comes to coaching. To really find out how coaching with me might work for you get in touch and let’s talk about your needs.
WHAT DOES WORKING WITH ME LOOK LIKE?
People are unique, with different circumstances, requirements and ways of working. Coaching will be organised to make sure it really serves you in what you need. Here are some ideas of how coaching engagements often work with me:
- As an introduction to working with me, we will start with a free consultation (30 minutes, usually by phone).
- Coaching sessions are usually 60 minutes, usually in person, or via Zoom. (Sometimes they are also by phone)
- The first thing we’ll do if we decide to work together is get really clear on our objectives for coaching: what does success look like for you?
- If I work with a client, it’s usually over a period of several months.
- We will usually have sessions every 2-4 weeks.
- I’ll provide you with a safe space to discuss what’s important to you. I’ll support and challenge you with questions and feedback.
- Coaching is about action, and creating real change in the world, so between sessions there will always be assignments for you.
But sometimes this isn’t the best way to work with a client. If after our first conversation we decide to work together, we’ll discuss how to make it work so that you can make the change you want to make, and make sure we have an engagement which works for you.
WHAT IS COACHING?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as ‘partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential.‘
When I work with a doctor, as their coach we meet regularly for an hour, either face-to-face, on Skype or occasionally on the phone. The conversation is all about the doctor and what they would really like their work or life to look like. Coaching with me is future focused and goal oriented. It is designed to stimulate new thinking, personal insight and wellness, and to build skills. Coaching is action oriented and promotes unique solutions because we are all different. I will work with you using questions and feedback in such a way that you are able to take what you know, into what you do.
Read about the core competencies of coaching by ICF.
Read more about coaching here.