On registration to a course program or event, you agree to the General Terms and Conditions and the following additional terms:
Payment and Refunds
Payment is made at the point of registration for each event. Upon payment and registration of an event, you will receive an email confirming payment has been received and the details of the event you have registered for.
Cancellation must be notified in writing to SKJ Consulting. Cancellation received up to six weeks before retreats and immersion programs and four weeks before shorter events such as workshops will receive a refund of monies paid, less a cancellation fee of $220. No refunds will be given for cancellations after this date.
If you are unable to attend the course, no refund is payable to you. However, in our sole discretion, we may agree to transfer your registration to another person or course.
We reserve the right to cancel or change course dates by giving notice to you. If these circumstances occur we will offer you an alternative course date. If we are unable to offer an alternative course date or course, or you do not accept the course date or courses offered, we will provide you a full refund.
General course event terms
Our course materials
Our course materials and programs are developed alongside professionals and specialists, and in some circumstances, the materials will be updated for your course program after you have registered. We reserve the right to make these changes and updates, or substitute presenters.
Our course programs contain content that is general information only and may include opinions expressed by a presenter. The information and opinions are not recommendations by SKJ Consulting or any party, and you should seek professional advice for your circumstances and needs.
The materials in our course programs are subject to copyright, trademarks, and intellectual property rights. Except where permitted by applicable law, when you access our materials you agree you will not modify our materials, and that you will not re-distribute and use our materials for any other purpose. You indemnify SKJ Consulting for any losses, expenses, and damages suffered for any use of our materials in breach of this term.
SKJ Consulting will not be liable for any loss, damages, injury, or personal injury that you suffer or sustain as a result of registering (in paper or electronic form) or attending an event or course, except to the extent of any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Any liability that is not excluded, is limited in our sole discretion to an offer to register you to a similar course program determined by us, or the course registration fee where permitted by law.
Consent to image release
At our events and courses we may take images of, or quotes from, you as a participant. You agree that SKJ Consulting will own all rights to these images or quotes and that SKJ Consulting or its agents may edit, reproduce, or publish the images or quotes in marketing materials, newsletters or other materials (including in print, electronic or other social media) at any time. SKJ Consulting informs you in advance of photography and use of quotes giving you the choice to abstain and will take reasonable steps to cease to use your image or quote in future publications if you contact us in writing.
If you have any concerns regarding our courses, contact us by phone or email. We are committed to resolving your concerns within a reasonable time of us being notified.
Signature Immersion Doctor Care Program (SIDCP) terms
- The Signature Immersion Doctor Care Program is an IMMERSION program and runs between 6 and 10 months, commencing between February – June and finishing in December. Participants agree to attend the whole program and will not be reimbursed for components that they cannot attend. (The program can be offered in modules to organisations by request.)
- The Signature Immersion Doctor Care Program (hereafter called SIDCP) is non-refundable except under extraordinary circumstances due to the ongoing nature of the content in a closed group, where psychological safety and trust is highly valued. If you complete the whole program (coaching, retreats, and workshops as per your contract) and are not satisfied that it has met it’s stated goals of helping you to develop your skills in emotional regulation, communication, and self-care, we will reimburse you 50% of the program fees. You must notify us in writing in this situation. Withdrawal from the program up until 8 weeks before the first retreat will be fully refunded, except for a $220 administration fee.
- The six coaching sessions per participant will be scheduled individually with each doctor, to suit their needs as best as is practical. Coaching will occur via Zoom and if practical, face to face, as agreed with each individual participant. Participants are responsible for booking their coaching sessions within the contracted time (February – December of the program year). Coaching sessions will not be provided outside the contract timeframe. If you are unable to attend a SIDCP coaching appointment, your coach will be happy to reschedule with 48 hrs or more notice. If you do not schedule your coaching appointments within the contract timeframe they will be forfeited. Extra one-on-one coaching sessions can be purchased separately in addition to those included in the SIDCP.
- All material relating to participants in the program is held confidentially and will not be released under any circumstances without the written permission of the participant doctor. Each participant doctor will sign their own individual contract with their coach outlining clearly their goals and the roles of coach and coachee at the commencement of the program, that is, at their first coaching appointment before the first retreat, usually between February and June of the year of their program.
- Retreats and workshops will only be held on the dates specified in advance (at the time of registering) except in exceptional circumstances, in which case all endeavors will be made to give notice and to reschedule with group consultation. There will be no make-up retreats or workshops for individuals unable to attend. The two, three or four SIDCP retreats in each program are non-residential. Travel, accommodation and meal costs, other than the 2 included dinners on Friday nights at the first and last retreat, are not included in the program fees. Beverages at dinner are at the participant’s discretion and are not included in the program fees. Afternoon and morning tea are included at all retreats and workshops.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that they complete the pre and post-retreat homework and bring their materials to each retreat. All materials are provided at the first retreat and progressively throughout the year. All intellectual property is copyrighted and is the property of SKJ Consulting and Coaching for Doctors.
- All retreats and workshops will be facilitated by the coaching psychologist who is working as a coach with the individuals in the group and by a medical doctor, usually a medical educator. Coaching for Doctors reserves the right to change facilitators if required for any reason.
- In circumstances where the employer is sponsoring the doctor, no correspondence will be entered into with the employer about the participant doctor’s content in any part of the program, except in circumstances where a risk is posed to the doctor themselves or another party. Confidentiality remains with the participant doctor, not the sponsor. Our coaches and doctor facilitators comply with all reporting obligations and ethical guidelines in Victoria as stated by AHPRA, the Australian Psychological Society and the International Coaching Federation.