Coaching appointments with Sharee are fully booked until August 2022.
Take a look at our Applied or Recalibrate programs to work directly with Sharee sooner.
The Thriving Doctor Book Club
For Doctors who want to cultivate a global medical community invested in better education, better wellbeing, better medicine. First meeting 3 May 2022.
Doctors only | Meeting monthly | Join from anywhere in the world | Generating hope, energy, and care for each other.
The Thriving Doctor Applied [short course]
Maximise the impact of reading The Thriving Doctor – How to be more balanced and fulfilled, working in medicine. Put the tools, skills and strategies the book offers into action in your life.
Medicine is an art and a science. Just like learning the science of your work takes effort, the art of medicine also needs your intention, skill and energy.
The Thriving Doctor Applied is built for you with the realities of your medical life in mind. The curriculum is delivered in three modules, each just 2 hours a week for 4 weeks. Take them all in a block over 16 weeks or take them as you can. Read more
The Thriving Doctor Book
Sharee Johnson’s new book The Thriving Doctor – How to be more balanced and fulfilled working in medicine is available now.
When you are flourishing, you have more discretionary effort to give, you connect with others more easily and you feel more empowered and fulfilled. Your medical career is more sustainable when you are flourishing. Stop surviving and start flourishing in your medical career. Read more
The Thriving Doctor Book launch
International Book Launch April 2022
Thank you to everyone who came to The Thriving Doctor Virtual International Book Launch. Thank you Andrea Austin MD and Linda Lawrence MD for hosting. Watch here
Sale, 24 March 2022
Sharee Johnson with illustrator Glenn Finlay and Dr Sarah Wilmot.
Our appreciation goes to Collins Booksellers Sale and The Wellington Shire Council for organising such a wonderful event. Watch here
Our Immersive Doctor Care Learning Program for Doctors
Recalibrate offers you the chance to develop your capacity as a mindful, compassionate health professional, who experiences great wellbeing, is well resourced, able to lead and communicate effectively, and who is supported for those times when wellbeing is challenged. Learn more
Recalibrate is a powerful program codesigned with doctors, for doctors, to help them be better equipped to sustain a long term career in medicine. It is founded on evidence from psychology, neuroscience and research in healthcare from institutions such as Stanford University, Harvard University and the Mayo Clinic.
March 2022 Recalibrate is fully booked. We are now taking applications for May 2022 Recalibrate program.
Grow your capacity with Coaching for Doctors
Coaching for Doctors specialises in supporting and building the capacity of the healthcare workforce, helping you reduce the risk of mental ill health, improve wellbeing and prevent burnout. Our programs offer varying levels of support and include:
- Individual coaching for doctors through our Recalibrate Doctor Care Program and Flourish program.
- Organisations and workplaces can access Respond Diamond an online wellbeing and self care skills program for healthcare workers, designed to support and nurture your staff through prevention and strengthening their capacity, building collective skills and therefore the future of the organisation.
- Individual healthcare workers can participate in the Respond for Individuals online program, or Mindfulness in Medicine micro course.
- Customised workshops and key note speaking, contact us to discuss your needs
A supported workforce is engaged, team focused, maintains perspective and is clear thinking, is empowered to ask for help and has hope… they flourish.
Hello, I’m Sharee. I work as a Coach and a Psychologist.
Doctors employ a coach to help them:
- Perform at their peak
- Lead others
- Deal with their workplace challenges
- Manage their career proactively
- Relate more effectively with their colleagues and patients
- Maintain or regain their own well-being consistently
- Develop skills in relaxation
- Build personal resilience
Download free White Paper
‘Coaching for Doctors: A Balanced Life’ explores how coaching can help you in your work as a doctor and as an employer of doctors in four key ways:
- Deliver excellent patient care, improving health outcomes for the patient
- Achieve work-life balance for doctors
- How the systemic use of coaching can improve the whole healthcare system
- Prevent burnout systemically by using coaching as a means to build individual skills.
Healthcare leaders cannot continue to support systems and structures that lead to high levels of burnout in doctors and nurses year after year. The healthcare system is simply not sustainable in this context. Healthcare organisations could be and should be, healthy for everyone including every doctor. Coaching doctors can help achieve this goal.
This paper, by Sharee Johnson, explores how the systemic use of coaching can help healthcare develop the skills of doctors so that they can lead teams more effectively and take better care of themselves, their colleagues and their patients. Coaching embedded at the most systemic level could mean that this more developed workforce could alter the healthcare system significantly to be safer and more effective for all.
We are delighted to partner with: